This pink velvet cake roll is the perfect dessert to whip up for any special moment with your loved one. The cake is super soft and stays moist for days. It has the perfect amount of filling which is light and perfectly sweetened. It’s a mixture of cream cheese, cool whip, and a little powdered sugar. This cake roll was inspired by a classic red velvet cake roll with a twist. After baking, place the cake in the fridge for about 2 hours to make sure the frosting is nice and firm making it easier to slice the cake. To start, you will bake the cakes in a thin on a large sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Once out of the oven’, they are immediately rolled in a confectioner’s sugar-dusted towel to cool.
Doing this prevents the cake from cracking when it is filled with frosting and rerolled. After the cake has cooled, they are spread with cream cheese and white chocolate frosting and are rolled back up. Once the cake is set up in the refrigerator, remove and begin to assemble.
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon pink get food coloring
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
For the filling;
- 1 8 ounces package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups cool whip thawed
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 15x10x1 inch pan with cooking spray and then cover with parchment paper and then grease the parchment paper.
- Lay a tea towel on a flat work surface and sprinkle it with powdered sugar and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs on high for 3 minutes until pale in color.
- Continue beating as you slowly add in the sugar. Add the oil, buttermilk, vinegar, vanilla, and food coloring and beat for 1 more minute.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Pour batter into pan and tilt to even out the batter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until it springs back when touched.
- When done, immediately invert the cake onto the towel. Remove the parchment paper and then roll the cake in the towel starting at the short end. Set on a wire rack and allow it to cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese with powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Mix in cool whip until creamy.
- Refrigerate until the cake has cooled completely and ready to fill.
- Unroll the cake and spread the filling evenly over the top. Roll the cake back up and place seam side down on a platter.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. Dust with powdered sugar, slice, and serve.