This is a very basic simple recipe that can be used as a base for many types of cake you can use as a base for birthday or anniversary cakes. You can modify certain ingredients and make your own flavoured cake-like orange cake or lemon cake; the list is endless. Make sure your ingredients are measured correctly so as not to miss out any particular ingredients.
In a mixing bowl, add baking soda, flour and salt. In another bowl or jug mix in your wet ingredients which includes water oil vanilla essence and lemon juice. Next is to just add the wet ingredients and mix and then bake. So get your baking pan grease with butter and line with parchment paper at the base. So in the baking pan add in your dry ingredient that is flour, salt and baking soda and to that add salt and mix them well.
Once mixed add in your wet ingredients which is water, oil, vanilla essence and lemon juice. Make a well at the centre of the dry ingredients and then just add your wet ingredients at the top of it then combine everything well until you get a clear batter stage and you see no traces of dry flour left out in the batter.
Since you are making this directly in the baking pan you have to scrape the bowl really well so that you have not left any flour unmixed. If you are not confident in mixing everything really well in a baking pan then just mix everything in a simple bowl or normal bowl and then pour it onto your prepared cake tin.
Once everything is mixed bake it in a preheated oven of 180C for about 30 minutes. When baked take it out of the oven and let it sit in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer it onto the cooling rack and let it cool completely. You can frost the cake with Italian meringue butter queen the next day.
- 1 and 3/4 cup (210 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (200 grams) sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 6 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Grease an 8-inch cake pan and keep ready. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Now you can add all the dry ingredients mentioned above directly in your cake pan or in a separate mixing bowl.
- To the dry ingredients add the wet ingredients. Mix everything until clear batter stage
- Bake in the preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 mins or until a skewer inserted at the centre comes out clean.
- If you are frosting the cake, let it cool down completely before frosting, you can alternatively serve the cake plain by dusting it with powdered sugar