This is a magic pizza dough recipe that you can make from scratch and have it go into the oven within 5 minutes. This no yeast pizza dough is absolutely incredible, into a bowl add all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder then mix the ingredients together. In a jar with water, add in olive oil which will give your dough extra flavor. Make a well at the center of the dry ingredients and add in the wet ingredients little by a little while mixing the dough together. The reason you want to add the liquid little by little is that you might not need all your liquid.
Go in with your hands and start working on the dough until your dough is perfect. You will know your dough is well kneaded when the dough has come together and it does not stick to the bowl, the whole process should take about 5 minutes. The beauty of this dough is that it does not need resting because it has no yeast.
Once the dough is well kneaded, dust your counter with flour then with a rolling pin or by hand, roll the dough out into a nice big pizza. Try to get the dough into a nice round circle, you can split the dough into two or four to make small mini individual pizzas. If you don’t want to bake the dough straight away you can pop it into the fridge in a bag and cook it whenever.
You will not make this dough as thin as you would in the yeasted dough because it does not rise as much so you will want to leave it a little bit thicker. For a crust around the edges then slide it onto a pizza tray and top with your toppings from the pizza sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni, and oregano then into the oven.
Pizzas like a very hot oven so bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 17 minutes until golden brown. This is one impressive pizza that you can make any time you want in less than half an hour.
- 2 1/2 cups (12 1/2oz/355g) all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (7oz/187g) water, roughly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5-minute pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese, grated
- Fresh oregano, or fresh herbs of your choice, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until thoroughly combined and set aside.
- Combine the water and oil in a separate jug or cup.
- Slowly add the water mixture to the flour mixture, holding back a little in case you don’t need it all.
- Using a wooden spoon, or your hands, mix until the dough should be soft, but not sticky. Add a splash more water if your dough is too dry.
- Lightly flour your work area and a rolling pin then roll dough into a 12-inch circle using your hands (to make 2 smaller pizzas, divide the dough into 2 and roll into 2 8 inch pizzas).
- Transfer the pizza base to a nonstick pizza base or large baking tray. Spoon the 5 Minute Pizza Sauce over the pizza base. Cover generously with a layer of cheese, pepperoni, and fresh oregano.
- Bake the pizza for 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden brown. Slice and enjoy it.