If you have never thought of making your own sift bread at home then this recipe will push you to the kitchen. You will start with activating the yeast and yeast always needs a warm and sweet environment to bloom so you will need a tablespoon of sugar and warm water into that add a teaspoon of active dry yeast. Stir until the sugar and the yeast gets dissolve completely then set aside for the yeast to get activated.
In a bowl, add one cup of whole wheat flour and two and a half cup of all-purpose flour and salt then mix the dry ingredients to make sure everything is well dispersed in the flour. Pour in the activated yeast mixture to the dry ingredients and start to mix them. Yo8u can make this on a stand mixer or using your hand, once all the flour is moistened, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil and knead until the oil is completely incorporated into the dough.
Cover the dough with the aplastic film then set it to proof in a warm environment for 6 hours or overnight. The dough will have almost tripled in size, remove from the bowl and place it into a baking tin then is sprayed with nonstick spray or buttered. Top the dough with little sesame seeds then wrap the dough and let it proof again for one hour until doubled. Bake the bread in a preheated 400 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
Once baked and out of the oven, smear the top of the bread with butter to make the crust softer. Let the bread cool down completely because the cooking down is still the process of the cooking and once cooled, yo8 can slice this healthy bread.
- Tsp Active dried yeast
- 1Tablespoon Sugar
- 525g flour, here I took 150 gms (1 cup) whole wheat flour and 375 gms(2 and a half cups) All-purpose flour. You can adjust the proportion as you need.100 percent whole wheat flour bread will not be very soft as it contains less gluten.
- 400 ml warm water (250 ml for activating the yeast and 150 extra)
- 1 and a half tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- Activate the dried yeast by pour 250ml warm water into a bowl and sprinkle over the yeast and sugar. Stir well until sugar and yeast get dissolved.
- Measure the flour then combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Wrap it with a plastic film and keep it aside in a warm environment for the first proofing fort about 6 hours or overnight.
- Transfer the dough into a baking vessel then cover the pan with cling film and let the dough proof for the second tone for one hour.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.
- The inside of the bread will be very soft, airy and so moistened your whole family would love this bread.
- Turn the bread out onto a wire rack and leave to cool for 10-15 mins before slicing.