This is a 3 ingredients hollow chiffon cake that you are going to love. The recipe is super easy and you are going to love this cake once it is out of your oven. Break 4 eggs in a mixing bowl then add granulated sugar and beat on high with an electric mixer for minutes or until light and fully, make sure the eggs are well beaten because that is what is going to make this cake fluffy once baked.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and the oven will be ready in about 5 to 7 minutes by then, the cake batter will be ready to be baked. Sift in cake flour a little at a time while mixing the flour into the batter until well mixed in before adding the next batch. Do not overbeat the batter, you just want to beat it until all the flour is mixed in then pour the batter into a tubed bundt pan then drop it a couple of times on the counter to remove air bubbles trapped in the batter.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, when the cake starts to brown before it is finished baking, lower the temparature but do not open the oven door. Once baked, remove from the oven and place the cake upside down with the help of a bottle in the tubed place to prevent the cake from shrinking. Once the cake is completely cooled, remove it from the pan by running a knife on the bottom of the pan once you have removed it to free the cake. Serve the cake with whipped cream or eat it plain as it is. Enjoy.
- 4 eggs
- 6 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 5 tbsp. cake flour
- In a bowl, place eggs and sugar. Beat on high speed with an electric mixer for 15 minutes until white and fluffy.
- Preheat the oven to 180C (356F).
- Sift in cake flour, half at a time, and mix on low speed with an electric mixer for a minute or two in total until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the ungreased tube pan and drop it lightly on the counter to raise the air bubbles out of the batter.
- Bake at 180C (356F) for 30-40 minutes. Do not open the oven door.
- When it’s done, drop the pan lightly to prevent shrinking.
- Turn the pan upside down and place it on a bottle so it is suspended over the counter.
- Let it cool completely before removing from the pan for an hour or two. Remove the cake from the pan and cover tightly with plastic wrap.