This is a creative idea of making a cake when you do not have an oven. In a mixing bowl, add room temperature milk then mix with a hand whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved. You will then start adding other ingredients starting with sifting all-purpose flour together with cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder.
Start mixing the ingredients into the wet ingredients until tall the dry ingredients are well absorbed into the batter. Add in some vanilla extract for tasting and three tablespoons of oil, the oil will provide tenderness to your cake even after baking and freezing. Mix them into the batter then you will add lemon juice which will react with the baking soda and make your cake spongy.
Pour the batter into your prepared microwave-safe dish which should be about 8 inches round pan which are greased and lined with a parchment paper at the bottom. Once you have poured the batter, give the dish a tap to make sure any air bubbles trapped into the batter can be removed.
Place it in the microwave over high power for five minutes, take it out of the oven after 5 minutes and your cake should rise really good and if you insert a toothpick at the center of the cake it should come out clean.
Let the cake cool for 5 minutes then remove it from the pan, use a serrated knife to run in the edges of the pan then place a wire rack and flip it over. The cake should be nice and spongy then let it cool completely for about 15 minutes then slice and serve.
- 1 1/2 cup All-Purpose flour / Maida
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp Oil
- Prepare a microwave-safe dish by greasing it using some oil and line up at bottom using some wax paper or aluminum foil.
- Mix milk and sugar until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Sieve maida, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda in milk mixture. Combine everything to make sure there are no lumps of any dry ingredient.
- Add vanilla extract and oil and again mix well.
- Finally, add 1 tbsp lemon juice and mix everything well.
- Pour batter in microwave-safe dish and microwave over high power for 5 minutes.
- Insert toothpick if it comes out clean cake is ready.
- Give it a standing time of 5 minutes.
- Then gently transfer the cake on a cooling rack.
- Enjoy with a scoop of cool whip, vanilla ice cream topped up with some chocolate syrup.