It’s so great to use all the abundance lemons to make a refreshing homemade lemonade for yourself. Start with about 5 pounds of fresh lemons, wash them, and cut them into half. Making lemonade is all about ratio so male sure you use a measuring cup to measure how much juice you get. You can use a citrus reamer to juice out the lemon. Once all the juice is extracted from the lemon, you are going to use a kitchen strainer to strain it into a pitcher.
You want to get rid of all the pulps and the seeds and that way you end up with a very smooth lemonade. Once all the pulps and the seeds are removed, you are going to measure how much juice you end up with. Set the lemon juice aside and prepare the other ingredients. However much lemon juice you end up with, you are going to grab a pin and pour the same amount of water in it. Add the same amount of sugar exactly the number of cups of your lemon juice.
You will be making a syrup so go ahead and place it over medium heat and let it heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. Once the syrup is ready you are going to pour that into the lemon juice and mix them together. At this point, your lemonade is done, taste it to adjust the ingredients to your taste. If a little too strong, add more water, male sure you add ice water to cool it down.
To finish everything off, toss in some sliced lemon and some ice. For some good reasons, the ice neve waters don the lemonade so you can keep adding more it melts. Homemade lemon is so refreshing especially on hot summer days it’s great to have this sit in the fridge.
- 1 cup white, granulated sugar (can reduce to 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup water (for the simple syrup)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 to 3 cups cold water (to dilute)
- Place the sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir so that the sugar dissolves completely and remove from heat.
- Juice the lemons: While the water is heating for the simple syrup, juice your lemons.
- Depending on the size of the lemons, 4 to 6 of them should be enough for one cup of juice.
- Combine lemon juice, simple syrup, water: Pour the juice and the simple syrup sugar water into a serving pitcher.
- Add 2 to 3 cups of cold water and taste. Add more water if you would like it to be more diluted.
- If the lemonade is a little sweet for your taste, add a little more straight lemon juice to it.
- Chill: Refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve with ice, sliced lemons.