These lemon Madeline cakes puff up beautifully in the oven and bake golden brown. Coat them with white chocolate then serve with a cup of tea, a true afternoon dessert that you are going to love. Coat the Madeline mould with butter then dust with flour, shake off the excess and chill the cake mould in the fridge.
Grate half of the lemon zest to a bowl then squeeze the lemon juice out of the lemon, about 10ml. In a large mixing bowl, add one whole egg and one egg yolk then lightly beat it then start adding 60 grams of granulated sugar slowly while beating the mixture on low speed, once the sugar is mixed in, place the bowl with the egg mixture over another bowl with hot water and continue beating on medium speed until its pale yellow and the mixture has doubled in size.
Add the lemon zest and the lemon juice then fold that in and start sifting the dry ingredients that are 50 grams of cake flour and 20 grams of almond powder. Fold everything in with a spatula then add 25 ml of melted butter and continue to stir the mixture gently. Take the mould out of the fridge and pour in the batter then bake in a preheated 340 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees C) oven for 18 minutes. Once baked, remove the Madeline from the mould and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
For the chocolate, you will divide the chcolate between two bowls, one bowl will have 30 gram and the other will have 90 grams of white chcolate. Finely chop the 30 grams of the white chcolate and melt the 90 grams. Once melted, take the finely chopped white chocolate and add it in the melted chocolate, stir it in then take the madeleines and dip one side in the chocolate and then place it on the wire rack and let teh chcolate harden then slice and serve.
The Madeline will be soft with deep yellow colour in the inside and the flavour when paired with the chcolate is everything you will need in a quick dessert like this.
- 10ml Lemon juice
- 1/2 Lemon zest
- 1 Whole egg (58-60g)
- 1 Egg yolk (18-20g)
- 60g Granulated sugar
- 50g Cake flour
- 20g Almond powder
- 25g Melted butter
- 30g + 90g White chocolate
- Grate the lemon zest and squeeze the lemon juice.
- Put the whole egg and yolk in a bowl and melt it and add the granulated sugar.
- While warming it with hot water, beat the egg mixture until pale yellow and the batter is ribbony.
- Add grated and lemon juice and mix with a rubber spatula then add melted butter and mix it in.
- Add the dry ingredients,m fold it in until the batter is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Bring the mould out of the fridge and divide the batter in the moulds then bake in a 340° F oven for about 18 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate and dip the madeleines in then let the chocolate harden o the madeleines before serving. Enjoy.