Lemon cream cheese pound cake is tender and moist with a sweet and simple buttery flavoring that melts in your mouth. Start off by zesting two lemons, you will need the zest for one lemon for the cake and the other for the icing. When zesting a lemon, you only want the yellow part of the skin nit the white. Whip off cream cheese and butter in a bowl until nice and smooth then. Once the cream cheese is all nice and blended, add your sugar and blend the three ingredients together until they are nice and fluffy.
It may take two to three minutes to get a perfect consistency. Start adding your eggs one at a time into the batter and this will not only help build a great batter but also will give it a chance to absorb all the eggs that you will be putting into it. Unlike other cakes, in this recipe, the eggs are going to be the leavening because there is no baking powder.
Add in about a quarter cup of lemon juice into the batter and mix until it is well incorporated. In a different bowl, sift in cake flour, baking soda, and salt then add to the wet mixture in batches. Once the batter is well-formed, add in the lemon zest and fold it into the batter.
Pour the batter into a greased and floured baking pan then place it into a 325 degrees oven for an hour and thirty minutes or until a skewer inserted at the center comes out clean. Once the cake is baked, let it cool and make the glaze starting with a tablespoon of lemon juice and a zest of one lemon into a bowl.
Add some powdered sugar along with a couple of tablespoons of milk, beat it well until you have your desired consistency. Pound cakes take ling to cool especially the ones of this density so give your cake enough time to cool on a wire rack. Pour the glaze over your cake and enjoy it.
- 1 1/4 Cup Butter Softened
- 3 Cup Sugar
- 8 oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 6 Eggs
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbs Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbs Lemon Zest
- 2 2/3 Cup Flour
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 3 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 6 Tbs Lemon Juice
- Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- In a Mixer: Beat butter and sugar for 5 minutes. Allow it to whip
- Add cream cheese and allow to whip for 2-3 minutes
- Add Eggs, One at a time and allow to be fully mixed in.
- Add Lemon juice, vanilla, and salt.
- Add flour and mix until combined.
- Grease and flour 2 bread pans and divides batter equally into pans and bake in a preheat oven to 325
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes. Use a toothpick in the center to test for doneness. Bread will be done with a toothpick comes out clean from the center.