These spicy garlic chicken wings are sure to please your mouth with so
many delicious and exotic flavors and it’s so easy to make. First, rinse your chicken wings under cold water very thoroughly the pat the chicken dry very well with paper towel. In a small bowl, have baking powder then add one and a half tablespoon of salt, one tablespoon of black pepper, nearly a tablespoon of sweet paprika, one tablespoon of granulated garlic and onion then give that a good mix. Sprinkle the mixture over the chicken wings, you want to toss that and make sure that it is coated evenly. Place the chicken on a baking rack that’s over a lined baking sheet. Put your chicken in the middle rack of a preheated 425 degrees oven for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, you are going to make the glaze using regular honey and garlic chili paste, add fresh ginger. add a splash of wine vinegar and a small splash of soy sauce, add a few drops of sesame oil. Mix all that up. Remove the chicken from the oven and flip them over again and place them back in the oven for another 20 minutes. Dice up some chive, zest the lime and give a nice chop of about two tablespoons of fresh cilantro. Your chicken should be done at this point, take it from the oven and let it cool for about 5 minutes. Place the chicken in a large bowl and add the glaze and give it a nice toss and coat.
Garnish with your chive and your cilantro and the lime zest then give that another toss to make sure everything is evenly distributed. Arrange them nicely on a plate, garnish it again and your chicken wings are ready.!
- 4.5lb-2Kg chicken wings
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- For the Spice Mix
- ¾ tbsp Kosher salt (less for table salt)
- 1 tbsp white pepper
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- For the glaze
- 3 garlic cloves
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- ½ tbsp corn starch (corn flour)
- ½ cup water
- Preheat your oven to 430°F – 220°C.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the salt, white pepper, smoked paprika, garam masala, and garlic powder. Mix dry ingredients well.
- Trim the ends of the wings at the joint and cut in half at the joint.
- Place the wings in a strainer or colander over your sink. Boil a kettle full of water and pour over the wings.
- This will not only wash them, but it will also pre-heat them and separate the skin from the flesh for better roasting.
- Place on a clean kitchen towel and pat dry.
- Place washed wings in the spice mix, coat well. Add olive oil and mix well.
- Place a cooling rack over a sheet pan (you can line it with foil) and arrange your wings on the rack, try and leave a small gap between each one. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 430°F – 220°C.
- While the wings are roasting, for the glaze add in a saucepan on medium heat the soy sauce, minced garlic cloves, brown sugar, and cider vinegar.
- Bring to a simmer and turn to low. Cook for 3 minutes. In a small bowl, add your corn starch (corn flour) and mix with the water. Add to your glaze over low heat and mix until thick. Turn off heat and leave aside.
- Once the wings are cooked, remove and coat each one with the glaze. Place on foil-lined sheet pan with a cooling rack.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F – 180°C for 10-15 minutes. Serve immediately with optional finely sliced green onion.