Salsa with chips is probably one of the best things in the world especially when you are really hungry. It’s easy to prepare at home and the ingredients used are the ones you probably have at home, it comes together in less than ten minutes. If you can make the sauce in the
the morning then let it sit in the fridge to marinate it’s even better.
You will need diced tomatoes because they don’t have many seeds in them, in a food processor, add the diced tomatoes, onions and peppers then throw in cilantro, coriander, garlic and if you are feeling fierce, you can add up to two jalapenos. You will also need the juice of one lime, add a heavy pinch of salt and sugar then place the top on and pulse it until its nicely and finely chopped.
Pour it into a large below then place it in the fridge for a while because it gets better and better when it sits. If you are making your chips at home, take corn tortillas and brush each side with a little oil the cut the in quarters. Place the cut quarters on a baking sheet and with your oven preheated to 375 degrees Fahrenheit bake them for 8 to 10 minutes so you need to keep an eye on them.
You can use whatever tortillas you like. Let them cool a little bit when they are out of the oven then take your salsa out of the fridge and dig in.
- 2 15oz cans of Diced Tomatoes with Onions and Peppers
- 1 cup (loosely packed) of Cilantro
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 3 Small Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tsp of Sugar
- 1/2 tsp of Cumin
- 1/2 tsp of Oregano
- Lots of Salt
- Add all of the ingredients into a food processor, pulse until you reach your desired consistency.
- Place the salsa in a bowl, cover, and pop it in the fridge to set for a bit before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy