This sweet chocolate pastry dough can be used to make pies or cookies and you can use it for a number of cakes or do a lot of stuff with it, its super good. Use really soft butter, place your butter for a few seconds in the microwave in the defrosting position. Once softened, add the butter to a big bowl then sift in icing sugar and whip that up until the mixture is well homogeneous. Add almond powder and an option to this pastry is you can zest a lime in the bowl which gives a little bit of acidity to the dough.
You can also do without and put a yellow lemon, one you are done whisking that up, add in an egg and mix that as the paste begins to form. In a different bowl, you will mix the flour together with unsweetened cocoa powder and a pinch of salt. Mix everything with a hand whip then pour the flour mixture on the working surface.
This method is brilliant and easy to make this kind of dough. Make a hole in the middle of the flour mixture then add in the batter from the previous preparation and begin to incorporate them together. Work on the chocolate pastry dough until everything comes together and then you will let the dough rest in the refrigerator for about an hour.
To prevent the chocolate pastry dough from swelling, you can cover it with baking paper and place beans or small ceramic baking balls on the paper. Once the dough has rested enough, you can remove it and spread it out. For cooking, preheat your oven to 200 degrees and then bake it for 30 minutes at 150 degrees Celcius.
- 230 g flour
- 125 g of butter
- 130 g icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 30 g of almond powder
- 20 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Add the icing sugar and mix until you obtain the homogeneous preparation. Add the almond powder and mix again.
- In the sweet pasta, add the zest of a lemon then incorporate the egg.
- In another container, mix sifted flour, cocoa powder unsweetened and salt. Pour everything on your work plan.
- Dig a well then pour the first preparation into this well then begin working on the dough until it coalesces.
- Gather the dough with your hands. If the dough is not homogeneous, it will be crushed by pressing heavily on the work plan with the palm of the hand.
- Place the dough for one hour in the refrigerator. You can prepare it the day before or even freeze it if necessary.
- Take the dough out of the fridge 15 minutes before use to make it soften.