If you are looking for something special for the week then you have to give this bakes chicken a try. For a crispy baked chicken, drizzle or brush the melted butter over the outside of the chicken, and season liberally with salt and pepper. The butter on the outside helps to make sure that the exterior is perfectly crispy and golden brown, so definitely don’t skip that step. Begin by rinsing your chicken and patting it dry then allow your chicken to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before you begin to work on it. Begin by making a rub by combining all the spices in a small bowl then combine until everything is homogenous.
Drizzle some olive oil over your chicken, you can substitute oil with butter which also works well. Sprinkle the rub over the chicken then rub it all over the chicken into every little nook and cranny. Flip the chicken over and t]do the same making sure the back of the chicken is also covered in the rub until you have a really nicely coated chicken. You are then going to stuff the cavity with some sliced lemon, sliced onions and rosemary springs. Tie the legs together with some cooking strings to help keep everything inside the cavity. Also, remember to tuck the wings under to avoid burning while baking. Place chopped potatoes which have been cut into bite-sized bits into your preferred baking dish then season with some salt and pepper.
Drizzle some olive oil over the top then mix everything until the potatoes are well coated. Place the potatoes to the side basically making a well in the center and place the chicken in breast side up then put the chicken into a 375 degrees oven for an hour and a half. Once baked, remove the chicken and let it rests for 15 to 20 minutes then begin to carve it.
- 1 lb. chicken
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 fresh lemon sliced in half
- 1 small onion, sliced in half
- 2 medium potatoes cut in cubes
- 1 rosemary sprigs
- olive oil
- Wash and pat dry the chicken with a paper towel. Allow it to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine paprika, cayenne, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place chicken on a platter and drizzle olive oil on the surface.
- Sprinkle with the rub mixture and massage until chicken is fully coated.
- Stuff the chicken with sliced lemon, rosemary sprigs, and sliced onions.
- Tuck the wings back and tie up both legs with cooking string.
- Place the potatoes in your preferred baking dish or pan. Season it with salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Stir until well combined.
- Move the potatoes to the side of the baking dish and place the chicken into the center breast side up.
- Place it in a preheated oven set at 190 degrees C for at least 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- When chicken is cooked, remove it from oven and allow to sit for at least 15-20 minutes.