You have a reason to celebrate any milestones in your life and especially your birthday. This funtetti pound cake is one of the best and easiest cakes you can prepare for anyone you have in mind on their special day. You can make this cake by hand or using a stand mixer, in a bowl, add your dry ingredients; flour, sugar, baking powder and salt then turn your mixer and let that mix. All it needs is a bit of a mix then turn off the machine, open it up and then we are going to add in room temperature butter. Make sure your butter is at room temperature so it blends really well with the rest of the ingredients. Turn back the machine to medium-low speed until you get a mix that resembles breadcrumbs. Turn that off then begin adding the wet ingredients. In a jug, add eggs, a little bit of milk and vanilla extract.
Simply use a fork to whisk all that ingredients then pop that back to the dry ingredients and beat that until your batter comes together. So you cant have funfetti pound cake without sprinkles, we are going to use rainbow sprinkles. All you want to do once your batter comes together is add your sprinkles, let them do just one quick mix around and then turn off the machine. You don’t want to overmix that because the rainbow sprinkles will bleed and you don’t want that. The batter is ready for the tin, butter and lines your baking tin then pour your batter in. Bake that cake in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about65 to 75 minutes, it does take quite some time depending with how big your cake is.
To complement the cake, you are going to make a cream cheese glaze because those two love each other, they taste good together So in a bowl, add in the cream cheese then pop that in a microwave for about 20 seconds to get it softer. Whisk that up then add powdered sugar, some vanilla extract and a splash of milk. Whisk that until smooth. Once your pound cake is done and you can see the golden color on top, set that aside and let it cool. Once colde, your cream cheese is ready to go and you are going to just drizzle over the top. Right down the middle and then it kind of works it’s way out, you know. Once done, sprinkle a few little more sprinkles,
The cake smells delicious, so, cut a big slice and see those beautiful sprinkles and all the love that is inside. Whatever the flavor is of sprinkle it will taste like sprinkles, it’s absolutely gorgeous.
- 1 1/2 cups (7 1/2oz/232g) cake flour
- 1 1/4 cups (10oz/283g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (9oz/254g) butter, room temperature
- 4 large eggs, plus 3 egg yolks, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (2floz/57ml) whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
For the glaze;
- 1/4 cup (2oz/57g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup (4oz/115g) powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) then butter and line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside
- Combine the cake flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix for 2-3 minutes.
- On medium speed, add the room temperature butter and mix until the butter has broken up into pieces throughout the flour.
- In a separate jug, whisk together the eggs, vanilla, and the milk.
- Add the wet ingredients into the flour and continue mixing on high speed until fully incorporated.
- Pour in the sprinkles and stir until just combined. The sprinkles can bleed so take care not to mix too much.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
For the Glaze;
- Place the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl and soften slightly for about 20 seconds.
- Once the cream cheese is soft, whisk in the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until a smooth glaze is formed.
- Pour the glaze over the cake allowing it to drip down the sides. And because we have come this far add a few more sprinkles on top.
- Store the pound cake in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. It will also freeze really well for up to 6 weeks.