This eggless vanilla sponge cake is one of the simplest cakes you will ever bake, you do not need any special equipment, just two bowls, one with the dry ingredients and the other with the wet ingredients. cake. It is very simple very easy to do and you cannot go wrong with this recipe. The first step is to measure everything and make sure everything is ready and the second thing is to preheat the oven it has to be hot for at least 10 minutes before baking otherwise, your cake will not come out well at all. Heating the oven is the most important thing because the cake has to go into a hot oven.
Sieve the all-purpose flour, baking powder and a bit of soda bi-carb together into a bowl. While sieving it is important to remember to take a round spoon and stir it so that it is easier to sieve but if you take a flat spoon it breaks the jolly very fast. When done with the sieving prepare the tin. You can do it in a glass vessel but it takes a longer time to heat because it is a non-conductor of heat so it takes longer to heat. To apply all over properly with a brush with the melted butter then take the flour in your hand and sprinkle it all over and take the tin on your hand and remove the extra flour.
There are many ways of baking this cake but this is the condensed milk cake never fails that is the most important part. Pour the condensed milk in a bowl (there are many ways of making this cake with curd with milk many ways but this way you know of it) to the condensed milk add melted butter, vanilla essence and mix all these together using a spatula and once mixed together then add in the flour.
After adding the flour you cannot beat vigorously so mix it lightly using a spoon or whatever you have and then add in the water gradually until no lumps remain and it is mixed very well. When it is properly mixed and nicely done add the mixture into the prepared tin then tap the pan on the counter to remove excess air bubbles and then bake it in a preheated oven of 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
When the cake leaves the side of the tin and springs to touch it is ready and now you have a cake which is nice and you can make any use of it for dessert for eating or for whatever you want it is just a lovely cake.
- 1 1/4 cups (170 grams) of flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup (275 ml) condensed milk
- 4 tbsp (60 grams) melted butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- Start by sieving the dry ingredients that are flour, baking powder, baking soda then set that aside.
- Grease a 7-inch baking tin with butter then dust it with flour and shale off excess flour then set that aside.
- In a bowl, combine condensed milk, melted butter and vanilla essence then mix until they are well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and using a spatula, combine the ingredients until they are well mixed, you can add 5 tbsp
of water to the batter if the batter consistency is a little thick.
- Pour the batter into the prepared 7-inch cake tin and bake in a 360 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 25 minutes.
- You will know your cake is ready when it pulls away from the pan and it springs when lightly pressed at the centre.