This eggless banana bread is flavorful. The texture is beautiful and the aroma makes it irresistible. First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees for around 10 minutes then grease your baking pan with butter and dust it with some flour. In a bowl, sit together all the dry ingredients; all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, a pinch of salt and some cinnamon powder.
Sift it well to ensure its free from any kind of lumps then mix it well. In a blender, add in granulated white sugar ten the granulated brown sugar, if you want you can use only the white sugar here the bend that for a while until it becomes a coarse powder out of it for around twenty to thirty seconds. To your powdered mixture of granulated white and brown sugar, add in over ripped bananas, if the bananas are not over riped they will not give the intense flavor of bananas.
Blend that as well for 20 to 30 seconds or until it is completely pureed and well blended with sugar. Transfer the mixture into a large mixing bowl and to that add in the oil next goes in the vanilla and the lemon juice then mix that well. Lemon juice will react with the soda and will help in making the bread light and spongy.
Mix it well until the oil is completely combined with the banana mixture. To that, begin adding the dry ingredients gently in two batches and continue mixing and folding it into the banana mixture until it is well combined and mixed with it. Using a spatula, make sure you don’t over mix it, add two tablespoons of milk to adjust the consistency. Lastly, add in some chocolate chips and the walnuts and again fold it well until everything is well combined.
If you want, you can add raisins or any other nuts that you like. Pour the batter into your prepared baking tin and tap in out n the surface to release all its air bubbles. Bake it into a preheated 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. It should be fluffy with golden brown color on top. After around 10 minutes, run a sharp knife around the edge of the tin then turn it upside bowl onto a cooling rack and remove the cake Let ut cool down completely before cutting it into slices
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup (2.5 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup ripe, mashed bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 1 3/4 cup (8.3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350, and lightly spray a 9x5x3″ loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with an electric mixer on high.
- Mix for about 30 seconds, and then start streaming in the sugar slowly while mixing.
- Next, add the honey and beat until combined.
- Add the applesauce and beat until combined.
- Next, add the mashed bananas, and stir just until blended with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the flour, baking soda, and pecans on top. Fold everything together using a spatula.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan (batter is very thick).
- Bake on the middle rack on the oven for about 60-70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted half-way into the loaf, comes out clean with only moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan on a wire rack before slicing.
- Store leftover slices in the fridge after 24 hours. Toast to reheat.