These are some crowd-pleasing pumpkin pancakes that will leave your guests wanting more. They are moist and melt in your mouth soft, both the cupcakes and frosting are easy to prepare. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix your dry ingredients in the first bowl, whisk and set them aside.
In the second bowl, combine the wet ingredients, one can of pumpkin puree, one cup of olive oil and three large eggs. Whisk that together until the oil is fully blended in and no longer visible. Begin combining the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and whisk until completely smooth. Place your cupcake liners into your cupcake pans then divide the batter using an ice cream scoop.
Fill them about two thirds full then bake them on the centre rack of the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the centre comes out clean.
Let them cool for about ten minutes then transfer them to a wire rack. To make the cream cheese frosting, combine softened and cream cheese unsalted butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat the mixture on medium-low speed until the powder and sugar are incorporated then set the mixer on high speed and beat for another 4 minutes.
When it’s done, it will be whipped, fluffy and white in colour. Transfer the frosting into a piping bag and pip generously into each cupcake.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup extra light olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
Cream Cheese Frosting;
- 12 oz cream cheese (1 1/2 packages), room temperature
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (12 Tbsp)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a 24 count muffin pan with 24 cupcake liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients: 2 cups flour, 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, 2 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda and 2 tsp cinnamon.
- In a second medium mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients: 15 oz pumpkin puree, 1 cup oil, 3 large eggs.
- Whisk until well combined and all oil is fully blended in and no longer visible.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Divide evenly between 24 liners, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350˚F for 20-22 min or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes rest in pan 10 min then transfer to wire rack and cool to room temperature before frosting.
Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting;
- Combine all frosting in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
- Beat on medium/low speed until powdered sugar is incorporated.
- Scrape down the bowl with spatula and beat on high speed 4 min or until fluffy, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Transfer to a large pastry bag fitted with large open star tip and pipe over cupcakes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.