If you are looking for a one to go chocolate cake this should be it. This chocolate ganache cake starts with unsalted butter in the bowl of a stand mixer then add one cup of sugar. This chocolate cake is amazing because you can make it bin any size and its completely foolproof. Cream then together until the batter is light and fluffy and the sugar is mixed in. Butter an 8 inch round pan and line the bottom with a parchment paper.
Once the butter and sugar are perfectly mixed, add in your eggs one at a time on low speed and beat the mixture after each addition. The next ingredients are the secret ingredient to this cake and its the chocolate syrup, pour it right in the batter then add a tablespoon of vanilla. The last ingredient is flour, turn the mixer on low speed then add the flour slowly.
If you add it at once it will have lumps by adding the flour slowly with the mixer on the low speed you will a delicious cake every time. Once perfectly mixed, pour right into the pan then bake in a 325 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 40 to 45 minutes just until the cake tester comes out clean.
For the chocolate ganache, pour a cup of heavy cream into a bowl set over a pan of simmering water then add a pound of semisweet chocolate chips, two teaspoons of instant coffee granules to bring out the flavor of the chocolate. Stir everything occasionally while it’s melting together, the more you stir the shinier it gets. Take your cooled cake and cover it with your chocolate ganache, let it set then serve and enjoy.
- 1/4 pound unsalted butter at room temperature\
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 extra-large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups Hershey’s chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
For the ganache:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces good semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Butter and flour an 8-inch round cake pan, then line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Mix in the chocolate syrup and vanilla. Add the flour and mix until just combined.
- Don’t overbeat, or the cake will be tough.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until just set in the middle. Don’t overbake! Let cool thoroughly in the pan.
- For the ganache, cook the heavy cream, chocolate chips, and instant coffee in the top of a double boiler over simmering water until smooth and warm, stirring occasionally.
- Place the cake upside down on a wire rack and pour the glaze evenly over the top, making sure to cover the entire cake and sides.
- You can tilt the rack to smooth the glaze. Decorate with candied violets, if desired, or gently crumble the gold leaf and place it in the center of the cake.