Stuffed chicken parmesan is crispy on the outside and so juicy on the inside. This is easy, one pan 30 minutes meal, we begin with four medium-sized chicken breasts. Season the chicken breasts with a three-quarter teaspoon of salt an a half teaspoon of black pepper. Using a sharp knife, cut a deep slice on each chicken breast without cutting all the way through. Stuff each chicken breast with about two to three tablespoon of shredded mozzarella and close the edge to seal. Now, set u the breading station and you will need three large bowls. In the first one, add half a cup of flour, in the second, beat two eggs thoroughly with a fork and in the third one. Stir together half a cup of breadcrumbs with a third cup of finely grated parmesan cheese.
Working with one stuffed chicken breast at a time, carefully dredge the first one in the flour, tapping off excess. Now, dip into the eggs letting any excess egg drip back into the bowl. Finally, transfer it to the breadcrumbs and turn it a couple of time to give it a good coating. Place a large deep pan or dutch oven over medium heat and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to lightly coat the bottom. One the oil is hot, add the breaded chicken in a single layer and saute four minutes per side or until golden brown on each side. Now pour 2 cups of your favorite marina sauce around between the chicken breasts, spoon some of the sauce onto the centr4 of each chicken breast then sprinkle the remaining mozzarella over the top.
Bake uncovered at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 30 minutes or until the chicken has cookd=ed through. Before serving, add a little bit of fresh basil. These chicken stuffed parmesan are loaded and that mozzarella keeps the center of the chicken really juicy and flavourful. This is good served over pasta.
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 large eggs well beaten with a fork
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- 3 Tbsp extra light olive oil plus more as needed
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 6 oz mozzarella cheese, divided (1 1/2 cups shredded)
- 6 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped to garnish
- Season chicken breasts with 3/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper or to taste.
- Cut a deep slit into each breast without cutting all the way through and stuff each with 2-3 Tbsp of mozzarella, closing the edges to seal.
- Set up 3 large bowls. In the first, pour 1/2 cup flour. In the second, beat 2 large eggs thoroughly with a fork. In the third, stir together 1/2 cup bread crumbs and 1/3 cup parmesan cheese.
- Working with 1 stuffed chicken breast at a time, carefully dredge in flour, tapping off any excess.
- Dip into the beaten eggs, letting any excess egg drip back into the bowl. Finally dip in bread crumbs, turning a couple of times to get a good coating.
- Place a large, deep pan or dutch oven over medium heat and add 3 Tbsp olive oil to lightly coat the pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add the breaded chicken in a single layer and sauté 4 min per side or until golden brown on each side.
- Pour 2 cups of marinara sauce around the chicken and spoon some of the marinaras onto the center of each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella over the stuffed chicken then bake uncovered at 400˚F for 15-20 min.
- Garnish with freshly chopped basil.