These spicy cheese-stuffed tots are a cool appetizer or snack that you can easily make them at home. They are very easy to make and does not require any skills and they are going to be super delicious once you are done making them. You can bake or fry your cheesy-stuffed tots. Both methods yield delicious snacks with minor differences in texture. You will get beautiful crispy skin when you bake the tater tots. Fried crispiness and baked crispiness are a little different. Now this recipe here does not require any special equipment like a potato mill or potato masher. All you need is a cheese grater to shred those parboiled potatoes. That’s it.
From there, you can add in your desired seasonings, form them into tots, and throw them into some hot oil to let these babies get amazingly crisp and golden brown. All that’s left to do is serve these with some ketchup and you’re set. And if you don’t manage to eat these all in a single serving, you can freeze them for next time. You are going to need some potatoes as well as some salt and pepper, a little flour, eggs, and of course cheddar cheese, cute cheddar cheese. Use about 4 cups of shredded potatoes or mashed potatoes, add a tablespoon of flour followed by three eggs, a teaspoon of salt and a little bit of pepper.
Give that a good mix, once done, grab some of the mixtures and you are going to wrap them around in the cheddar cheese to get a nice ball. Once you are done, place your frying pan on the heat with oil in it and let it heat then go ahead and put the shader tarts in the pan. Fry them on high heat and soon its going to get brown on the bottom then go ahead and flip them on the other side. Once you get that nice and golden brown color, take them out and put them on a plate. Gbab one of the cheesy-stuffed tots and cut it to see how cheesy your tits are.
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water by 1 inch.
- Bring to a boil and cook until parboiled, about 6-7 minutes; drain well and let cool.
- Using a box grater, finely shred potatoes. Using a clean dish towel or cheesecloth, drain potatoes completely, removing as much water as possible.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Stir in flour, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, and dill; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- The mixture should be workable but dry. Form potatoes into tots.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add tots to the skillet, 5 or 6 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.