Anything with cream cheese frosting is extra delicious and this carrot tea cake is the ultimate treat for any day that you want a cake. Have your oven preheated at 350 degrees Fahrenheit then butter and flour a cake pan. Start by grating your carrots and depending on the size of your carrots you will need two or one if its a really big carrot because you will need one cup of grated carrots.
For the dry ingredients in a large bowl, you will add baking soda, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, and freshly grated nutmeg then whisk the dry ingredients really well. In a stand mixer bowl, you will add one stick of butter and brown sugar then beat that until fully combine, when creaming with brown sugar, it won’t get as fluffy as it would be with white sugar but just make sure it’s lighter.
Add in two eggs one at a time then a teaspoon of vanilla extract and make sure everything is really combined then adds in the grated carrots and beat that in. Start adding the dry ingredients in batches while beating on low speed after each addition until everything is moistened. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean and that will take about 40 to 45 minutes.
Once baked, let the cake sit in the pan for about 5 minutes then take it out and ket it cool completely on a wire rack. For the frosting, add cream cheese to the stand mixer bowl, and to that add confectioner’s sugar then beat them on low-speed for a few minutes, add vanilla extract for flavoring and beat until its light and fluffy. Take your cooled cake and top with the frosting and spread it on top of the cake. Slice and serve, this cake is sure to please about everybody.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pan
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed grated carrots (from about 2 carrots)
- 1 bar (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 6-cup cake pan. In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- Beat in carrots. With the mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture; beat just until combined.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan; bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool in pan 5 minutes. Turn cake out onto a wire rack, and let cool completely.
Make the frosting: Using a mixer beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until fluffy. Frost the top of cooled cake.