Almond cookies are one of the easiest and healthiest cookies, it will easily fit into any dietary restrictions you may have. Four ingredients in this recipe are a must and the other two are optional and you can also add whatever you want. The first thing you will do is mix the dry ingredients, pour two cups of super fine almond flour in a bowl then add half a teaspoon of baking soda and half a teaspoon of salt, add on a teaspoon of cardamon. The cardamom is an optional ingredient just for the taste of the cookies, if you dint like them, you can always leave them out.
You can also use vegan chocolate chips, nuts or dried fruits, those are also a great addition to the batter. Whist the dry ingredients so everything is evenly incorporated. For the wet ingredients, add two teaspoons of vanilla extract, a third cup of dark maple syrup and add two tablespoons of rose water. The rose water is also optional in the wet ingredients. Give that a good stir then pours the wet ingredienst into the dry mix and whisk that all together. You want the mixture to get just clumpy, you can add some ground almond in the batter and mix them in.
Line the baking sheet with a parchment paper then using an ice cream scoop to scoop the batter and place them on the baking sheet. If they crumble a little bit, thats okay, just place them together and repeat the same until the batter is done. Bake in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 12 to 14 minutes. Let them cool for about 5 minutes before eating them.
- 2 cups of fine Almond Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Salt
- 1 tsp of Cardamom (optional)
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/3 cup of Dark Maple Syrup
- 2 tbs of Rose Water (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients first, then mix all the wet ingredients, add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add a a couple tbs of the batter for each cookie and place some almond on top of the cookie batter. Place on baking sheet.
- Place in oven for 12-14 minutes. Take out of oven and wait 5 minutes before serving.