What an air fryer actually is is a small, super-powerful convection oven. Once you learn the way it operated you’d be amazed at all the things you can prepare in this. Generally speaking, if you can cook it in your oven, you can cook it in an air fryer. Just remember that space is pretty limited so you can’t do sheet cakes or turkeys or stuff such as that.
There are barely 3 steps to this recipe. First, mix all the seasoning in a small bowl.
Then, coat each piece of chicken evenly with the mix on both sides. You should use all the seasoning for 4 thighs. If you are not sure that your air fryer chicken thighs are done (or any air fryer chicken recipes), we recommend using a food thermometer. Stick it in and if it reads 165°F (75°C) you can take them out and serve.
Before you start air frying your chicken, you need your homemade seasoning mixture. There’s going to be two components used to season the drumsticks — the first is a mixture of almond flour, smoked paprika, garlic powder, cayenne powder, salt, and pepper followed by a delicious layer of shredded coconut.
- 2 pounds chicken drumstick
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt, black pepper
- Generously season the drumsticks with salt and black pepper.
- In a shallow plate add the almond flour, smoked paprika, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and a good pinch of salt and black pepper. Mix to combine.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Place the shredded coconut in a shallow dish.
- Dip each chicken drumstick in the eggs then dredge in the almond flour mixture.
- Dip each drumstick into the eggs again, followed by the shredded coconut.
- Place the drumsticks on a chopping board and brush with olive oil.
- Preheat a Philips air fryer to 360°F.
- Place the drumsticks in a single layer in the fry basket and insert into the air fryer.
- Cook for 18 minutes. Remove the drumsticks from the basket.
- Repeat this process with the remaining drumsticks.
- Serve warm.