If you have never had this cake before, it is a super soft vanilla cake soaked in milk and if you want for an extra taste you can cover it with a fudgy chocolate frosting. To get started, the first thing to do is preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit then you will need a large bowl and in it, add four large eggs. The eggs should be at room temperature then with an electric mixer, you want to beat the eggs together for about 30 seconds until they are pale yellow and well beaten.
Add two cups of granulated sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla extract then stir everything together again until all the ingredients are well combined. In a separate bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, along with two teaspoons of baking soda and a three-quarters teaspoon of salt then stir the dry ingredients together until they are nicely combined. Take the egg mixture then you will gradually add the flour mixture into the egg mixture and stir by hand using a spatula until everything is well combined.
Once your batter is nicely combined, grab a saucepan and add in whole milk with butter then cook it over medium-high heat until the butter is melted and the mixture comes to a boil then take the hot milk and gradually add it to the batter while mixing it. When you have everything mixed together, y9u can bake it in a 13 by 9-inch pan or in a bundt pan.
Thoroughly grease and flour the baking pan then pour the batter in the pan and into 350 degrees preheated oven, bake it for 25 to 30 minutes. Once the cake is out of the oven, drizzle more milk to the cake so that it will remain moist with the milk flavor to the last bite. You can also make the frosting and frost the cake once it is cooled.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (236ml) whole milk
- ½ cup butter 1 stick, cut into pieces
- 2 cups (400g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C) and grease and flour a tube pan (you may instead make this recipe in a 13×9” sheet pan). Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large bowl using an electric mixer beat eggs until well-beaten and pale yellow (about 30 seconds on medium speed).
- Add sugar and vanilla extract and stir until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine milk and butter in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium/high heat. Set aside.
- Combine flour and baking powder and salt in a bowl and whisk together.
- Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture, stirring until combined.
- Add melted milk/butter mixture and stir until combined. The batter will be thin.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 350F (175C) for 40 minutes (if using a 13×9” pan, the cake will need to bake 25-30 minutes).
- Once baked, pour some milk over the cake then allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes and then invert onto a cooling rack.
- Allow cake to cool completely before serving it or covering with Fudge Icing.