These sweet-spicy chicken wings are baked, not fried but they will still be crispy and very delicious. Baking avoids the mess of deep-frying; the extra oil and fat, it’s just an easy way to make these wings. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and you will need a baking tray with about a tablespoon of oil, just rub it all over and set it aside.
Put your chicken wings in a bowl then add salt, black pepper, a teaspoon of garlic powder and a little vegetable oil. Mix that really well rubbing al the spices in the chicken. Place the chicken wings in the baking sheet then bake them for 20 minutes at 435 degrees Fahrenheit then turn them over and bake them for another 20 minutes.
When the chicken is baking, make your sweet and spicy sauce. Put half a teaspoon of ground ginger powder, one a teaspoon of soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, two tablespoons of butter, four tablespoons of sriracha sauce and honey then turn the heat on and bring it to a boil.
Once your chicken wings are bakes and your spicy sauce is ready, add the chicken wings in the bowl containing the sauce and mix them really well until the chicken wings are caramelized.
- 1.5 lbs 680g chicken wings
- 1 tsp Coarse Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oil to coat the bottom of the baking pan
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp sriracha or another hot chili sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp Butter
- In a bowl, add the chicken wings, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp ground black pepper, and 1 tsp garlic powder.
- Mix really well then place the chicken on an oiled baking sheet.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes. Take them out, turn over the wings and cook for another 20 minutes.
- When the wings are almost done, make the sweet and spicy sauce.
- In a saucepan, mix ½ tsp ground ginger powder, 1 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp apple cider vinegar, 4 tablespoons Sriracha or your favorite chili sauce, 2 tablespoons honey and 2 tablespoons butter.
- Bring this to a boil and turn off the heat.
- Place the cooked chicken wings in the sauce and toss in the saucepan.
- Heat the sauce for about 2 minutes coating the wings until it almost caramelizes on the wings.