These chocolate cookies are crunchy on the edges and soft on the inside. Use a room temperature butter in a mixing bowl and we are going to use both regular and brown sugar. Mix both sugars with butter in a bowl then mix until well incorporated. Crack an egg an add vanilla extract, mix until well combined then add flour to the ingredients and combine, Ince the dough has been formed, add chocolate chips and combine.
Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the dough and place them on a baking sheet and bake until brown. The trick to making this best chocolate chip cookie recipe gooey is to not over-bake them. At the end of the baking time, these chocolate chip cookies won’t look done but they are. These chocolate chip cookies will look a little doughy when you remove them from the oven, and that’s good.
They will set up as they sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes. For easy cookie making, I recommend forming the dough into balls before freezing. Just place them on a baking sheet, and freeze for a few hours until they are completely frozen. Transfer the frozen dough balls to a ziplock bag or other airtight container.
Once you’re ready to make the cookies, just thaw your desired amount of dough balls in the refrigerator until they have thawed. Then bake.
- 2 1/2 cups (318 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 stick (113 grams) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (202 grams) creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (200 grams) packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups (340 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large heat-safe bowl, microwave the butter until melted. Vigorously stir in the peanut butter into the hot butter until well combined. Stir in the granulated sugar and brown sugar until well combined.
- Add the eggs and yolk, one at a time, stirring well after each addition. Add in the vanilla. Gradually stir in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the dough into 3-tablespoon sized balls using a spring-loaded scoop and drop onto prepared baking sheets.
- Flatten dough slightly into disc shapes with your palms. Dot each disc with a few extra chocolate chips for picture-perfect cookies.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.