The cupcakes are moist and fluffy with that uplifting flavor the only citrus can give. A very easy cupcake to make, you just need two bowls – one for dry ingredients and one for wet. The two are then combined with a spatula then portioned out and baked. You can’t help but be in a good mood when you bite into one of these beauties.
These cupcakes were easy to make, freeze well and are great with a hot drink for morning or afternoon tea. Sift wheat flour in a bowl together with all-purpose flour and baking powder. Mix and set the dry ingredients aside. Melt unsalted butter in a bowl then add about a hundred grams of powdered sugar together with fresh orange juice and beat the while mixture until it becomes creamy.
To the creamy orange mixture, add in one beaten egg and mix it in then add the softened fry ingredients and start to find the ingredients with a spatula. Do not overmix your batter, just combine until the dry ingredients are moistened. Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners or just butter them then add the batter halfway into the cupcake holders, you can add a sprinkle of sugar on top of the batter so your muffins will have that extra sweetened once baked.
Bake the muffins for about 25 minutes in 180 degrees preheated oven until golden bowl or a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. Once baked, let them cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack or a plate to cool off completely.
- Wheat flour (1/2 cup)
- Refined flour/Maida (1/2 cup)
- Baking powder (3/4 tsp)
- Egg (1, beaten)
- Butter (60 gms)
- Orange juice of 1 orange
- Powdered sugar (100 gms)
- In a bowl, sift wheat flour, refined flour/maida, baking powder and keep it aside.
- Beat an egg till fluffy and keep it aside.
- In another bowl, melt the butter, add powdered sugar, orange juice and beat the mixture well to form a creamy consistency.
- Add the beaten egg into it and mix it.
- Add the sift flour and mix it by folding the batter with a spoon to form a lumpy dropping consistency. Do not over mix it.
- Greece the muffin tray with butter and add the batter in it half full.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.