These honey lemon cookies are full of honey, lemony goodness, and they’re so easy to make. With the chewy texture, the tart flavor, these cookies are absolutely irresistible and you are going to want to make these often. The first thing is to mix up the dry ingredients; that is all purpose flour, baking powder, a pinch of salt and whisk that together until well combined. Add a stick of butter in a different bowl then add a cup of sugar then grab your whisk and beat that until fluffy. Now that your butter is all creamed up, add in an egg then zest a lemon, don’t throw the lemon because we are going to need the juice from it.
Slice your lemon in half then grab your juicer and get all the juice out of the lemon, then go ahead and add all the juice in then add your honey and beat the mixture until well combined. After you are done mixing, add in half of the dry ingredients and give it a beat, you don’t want to put it all in at once. Add the other half and continue beating that until the batter has been consistently formed. If you want your cookies to be yellow in color, you can add in a few drops of yellow food coloring, this is totally optional, you can leave it out. Once you are done, cover in the batter and let it sit for an hour. After an hour, ur cookie dough is chilled and rested so just grab up an ice cream scoop and scoop into your hands and roll into a bowl.
Roll it in powdered sugar until it is completely covered then in that in a baking tray. Alternatively, you can place that in a piping bag and pipe the batter into any shape you want then sprinkle them with powdered sugar and place them on a baking tray. The cookies go into 325 degrees Fahrenheit oven for around 15 minutes. Once baked, let them cool completely and your melt in your mouth honey lemon cookies are ready to eat.!
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- zest from 2 lemons
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup powdered sugar, for coating, baked cookies
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, sugar, honey and lemon zest.
- Scrape sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn off mixer and add flour and salt.
In a small bowl, stir together the lemon juice and baking soda.
- Add the lemon juice and baking soda mixture to the rest of the ingredients; mix on low just until blended.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides and bottom of mixing bowl, then mix the dough by hand to ensure that all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheets. Place cookie sheet on the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, just until the cookies are slightly brown on the edges.
- Remove cookies from oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet.
- Toss lightly in powdered sugar and place on a cooling rack to finish the cooling process.