Once you have everything you need to make this grilled cheese pizza, you will discover how easy it is to make and the results are epic.! To make this grilled cheese pizza, you are going to start like any normal pizza. So first, take out your mozzarella and cut semi-thin since all the way across then grab a few small loaves of bread and cut it into half, you can use any kind of sandwich bread in this recipe. Once you’re done cutting them, begin to layer a healthy amount of marinara right at the top of the cut bread, you can use store-bought or homemade marinara sauce. Start layering the pizza topping with the cut soft mozzarella that you sliced earlier, some spicy pepperoni, freshly picked basil and then the to cheeses that will be parmesan and some shredded mozzarella.
Once you are done assembling the grilled cheese sandwiches you can cook them one of a few different ways, one being an oven and the other being a pan and the last being a panini machine, they all require the same amount of heat. Cook in the oven at about 400 degrees for about ten minutes, in the panini machine its about medium to high heat for ten minutes. Once your grilled cheese pizza is nice and crispy on the outside and just beautifully gooey, you are going to cut them in half and serve them.
This is really cool recipe smells amazing and the three different kinds of cheese are just a really great combination. The pepperoni kind of a spicy pepperoni which I love is going to be a nice little kick to the sandwich and of course, the fresh basil gives a nice little herb touch. You will be impressed by this grilled cheese pizza for your mornings.
- 4 slices Bread
- 3 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce plus extra for dipping
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced basil
- pinch of dried oregano
- 24 thin slices pepperoni about 1″ diameter
- 6 slices thin pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Butter bread and place 2 slices butter side down in the pan. Top each slice with 1 tablespoon pizza sauce.
- Layer cheese, 6 slices pepperoni, parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, remaining pepperoni and mozzarella. Top with remaining bread, butter side out.
- Cook 3-4 minutes per side or just until golden.
- Remove sandwich from the non-stick pan. Place 3 slices of pepperoni directly in the pan, top with 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese.
- Place sandwich on top of cheese and let cook until crisp and crusted then serve.