Nothing will beat this chicken drumsticks any day, they are seasoned then baked to tender in a barbeque sauce and then seasoned with sesame seeds. They can be eaten as they are or with a dip of your choice. Preheat an oven to 375 degrees. In a small saucepan add in sesame oil and corn-starch and whisk it together using a wire whisk over medium-high heat, whisk it in just enough so that the corn starch is completely dissolved.
Then add in soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds, and crushed red pepper flakes and whisk it all in still using the wire whisk. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes, the corn starch will act as a thickener and thicken this up. Cook until the sauce is thick enough so that you can brush it on the chicken drums. When you get the right consistency remove it from the heat and place it aside for a second while we get our chicken drums ready.
Spray a 4 sided baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line it up using parchment paper. Lay the drumsticks out on the pan and pull the skin up to cover much meat as much as possible. Trim extra skin and fat using a nice because it gets kind of gross. Take care of the skin when working with a sticky sauce drumstick because the crispy skin won’t hide any of the flaws.
Next take the sauce and using a pastry brush and brush it on the drumsticks making sure each one is nice and saucy. Once they are all well covered or dust with the sauce, pop them into a preheated 375 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 45 minutes. The actual cooking time will depend on the size of your drum sticks and an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Once they are done remove them from the oven and garnish them with sliced green onions and sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- Sliced green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together the sesame oil and cornstarch.
- Stir in the soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds, and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce is thick.
- Spray a 4 sided baking sheet or 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Lay the drumsticks out on the pan and brush with the bbq sauce.
- Bake in the 375-degree oven for about 45 minutes.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds