Chichen tikka originates from Britain and the word ‘tikka’ means small pieces chicken. This recipe has the easiest recipe for a perfect masala. We are going to use boneless chicken and marinate it for an hour. Place the chicken breasts in a large bowl and add yogurt, salt, and spices to marinate. One of the main ingredients that should never miss in this chicken is paprika because of its color. After mixing the ingredients up, let it marinate in the fridge for half an hour.
Use canned and fresh tomatoes plus ginger and garlic to make the perfect sauce. Fresh chilies are always a greater boost in the sauce if you love them. Make sure to use a bigger pan depending on the size of chicken breasts that you are using. Fry the onions in a skillet, sautee them for around 10 minutes, add onions and spices. Turn the heat down then let it cook.
Traditionally, we would marinate the piece of chicken in the oven and let them cook first in the oven before finally preparing them. You can place the marinated chicken on a cooking tray lined with kitchen foil and some oil to the oven. After baking the chicken breasts in the oven, they will be tender and easy to cut them into smaller pieces.
The size of your chicken pieces will depend on how long you are going to cook them. Place the chicken pieces in the sauce and let them cook.
- 800g boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 small onions (or 1 large onion) finely diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 400g tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon chili
- 1/4 cup water if needed
- 4 tablespoons Fresh cilantro or coriander to garnish
- In a bowl, combine chicken with all of the ingredients for the chicken marinade; let marinate for 10 minutes to an hour.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or pot over medium-high heat. Add cook the onions and let them cook to a golden brown.
- Add garlic and ginger and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant, then add garam masala, cumin, turmeric, and coriander.
- Fry for about 20 seconds until fragrant, while stirring occasionally.
- Stir the cream and sugar through the sauce.
- Place your marinated chicken to the oven for around ten minutes or until it becomes golden brown.
- Place the chicken on a chopping board and shop them into a small size and put them into the sauce.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with fresh, hot basmati rice.