Balsamic chicken is tender, juicy coated with a simple and delicious honey balsamic glaze that is ready to go in just about 20 minutes. This easy balsamic chicken recipe is a crowd pleaser for sure. The combination of honey and balsamic is classic and delicious. If you want t make a balsamic grilled chicken, used thin sliced chicken breasts for this recipe, but you can also achieve the same thing with regular chicken breasts- just sliced them in half horizontally for the same effect. This recipe would also work beautifully with boneless chicken thighs. To easily oil the grates. The first brush of any remaining food particles. With the grill off, wad up a bunch of paper towels and grab them with grill tongs.
Dip the paper towels in oil and rub the grill grates until coated. You don’t want the grate dripping in oil. For this recipe. you are going to need some balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, garlic chicken a little bit of water and brown sugar. In a bowl, season your chicken with salt black pepper, the next thing is to just sear your chicken in a little bit of oil and a hot skillet. You are not going to cook it all the way through, just getting a little bit of color on the outside. Once your chicken has seared off, start building the sauce. Take minced garlic and add to your skillet which contains a little oil from the chicken then add in water, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce.
You can add in sugar and a big teaspoon of honey. Let that cook down and let it simmer for about 20 minutes until it gets nice and thick and luscious. Every so often, flip your chicken so it can cook evenly and that’s how it gets nice and thick. Balsamic glaze is just so good, it doesn’t taste vinegary but it’s like a sweet deep dark luscious teriyaki-ish.
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (120ml) fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 or 3 chicken legs (depends on your skillet size)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & whole peppercorns, to taste
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled, de-germed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl combine Balsamic vinegar, honey, soy sauce, peppercorns (or fresh cracked pepper), garlic and rosemary.
- Puree with a blender until smooth and set aside.
- Cut chicken legs. Season the chicken thighs and drumsticks with salt and fresh cracked pepper, all over and under the skin.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken pieces, skin side down, and cook for about 5 minutes until the chicken skin side gets nicely browned.
- Turn chicken, so that skins sides are up and add the balsamic/honey mixture to the skillet.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until done.
- Transfer chicken to plate and drizzle with pan juices.