If you love desserts as I do then taking a churro and mix it with a donut will change how you eat your desserts. You are going to start off in a large bowl and mix together the dry ingredients. Add in flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and a little bit of cinnamon then whisk them together and set them aside. For the wet ingredients, add in some milk in a jug, eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract and then whisk all together. Bring the dry ingredients and create a well in the middle and pour in the wet ingredients and start mixing using a hand whisk until the batter is well formed and consistent.
Use a spoon to pour the batter in a donut pan about three-quarters full. Once done, pop them into the oven, bake then at 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Once baked, let them rest out of the oven for around 5 minutes before removing them from the pan and onto a wire rack to completely cool. To create the lovely cinnamon sugar for the donuts, Place melted butter in a bowl, add in getting a baggie of cinnamon sugar on the side. Take the cooled down the donut and pop them in the melted butter and toss it around the melted butter.
Carefully take them out and then pop it into the bag of cinnamon sugar and toss it around the bag. It is really important you do it in the bag because it really coats the donuts When nice and coated, take them out of the bag and serve with chocolate sauce.
- 1/2 cup (4oz/120g) butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup (2 1/2oz/75g) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups (10oz/300g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/3 cup (320ml) milk
- 1/4 cup ( 2oz/60g) butter melted
- 1/2 cup (4oz/120g) sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (3oz/90g) chocolate chopped
- 2 tablespoons cream
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla and melted cooled butter.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet until evenly combined with no lumps leaving you with smooth pourable batter.
- Spoon or pipe the batter into doughnut tin.
- Place in a preheated 350oF (175oC) oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool for about 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack and removing the tin foil.
- While the donuts are cooling make the topping – In a small bowl, melt 1/4 cup butter.
- In another small bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave or over a Bain Marie. Stir in the cream until you have a shiny thick ganache.
To assemble your donuts ;
- Brush each cooled donut with the melted butter then place in the bowl of cinnamon sugar, coating each donut completely on all sides.
- Once all of your donuts have been coated in cinnamon sugar dip the top half in the chocolate ganache making sure to generously coat with chocolate.