These cupcakes are so much better than store-bought because you will be taking then fresh from your oven, the texture is incredible and this is the only recipe you will need for a cupcake and when you add the frosting it will be so good. In a stand mixer bowl, add butter then you will beat that with a cup and a half of regular sugar until the butter and sugar are a little fluffier and lighter in colour then start adding eggs and for this recipe, you will need 5 eggs, add the eggs one after the p0ther while beating the batter really well after adding each egg.
For the dry ingredients, you will sift flour, baking powder and salt and you will also need a cup of milk and mix in a tablespoon of vanilla. You will start by adding the dry ingredients in batches into the butter mixture while beating on low speed alternating with the wet ingredients until all the ingredients are mixed in and you have a smooth batter.
Portion the batter into the cupcake liners in the cupcake mould then bake ina 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven and bake for 18 minutes or until golden brown on top. It is important to cool your cupcakes completely before glazing them, if you are not glazing them then you can serve them once they are warm. For the frosting, add a three-quarters cup of unsalted butter in a stand mixer bowl and beat the butter until light and fluffy then add the icing sugar.
Beat on low speed then add 6 tablespoons of milk and this will lighten the texture and consistency of the frosting, the finish of with a teaspoon of vanilla, and beat until you get your desired consistency. Pout the frosting in a piping bag and start frosting the cupcakes.
Fluffy Vanilla Cupcakes;
- ¾ cup (170 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ (300 grams) cup sugar
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 ½ cupcake (270 gram) and pastry flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup 2% milk, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- cup 4-6 cups of icing sugar, sifted
- 6 Tbsp 2% milk
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line 2 muffin tins with large cupcake liners.
- Beat the butter and sugar until well combined. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir the milk and vanilla together. Add the flour and the milk alternately to the butter mixture, starting and ending with the flour and beating well after each addition.
- Spoon the batter using an ice cream scoop or a spoon into the cupcake cups so they are two thirds full and bake for about 18 minutes until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool the cupcakes in the tins.
For the frosting;
- Use a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or electric beaters, beat the butter until it is fluffy.
- Add 2 cups of the icing sugar and first beat on low speed to incorporate, then increase the speed to high, until fluffy.
- Add the milk and vanilla and beat in. Add the remaining 2 cups of icing sugar and beat in, adding further up to 6 cups until a fluffy and spreadable consistency is achieved (the softness of your butter when you begin is the reason you may have to make this adjustment).
- Add a little colouring paste if you wish, or separate the white frosting into a few bowls and stir a different colour into each bowl.
- Pipe or spread the frosting on each cupcake and sprinkle with decorating sugar if you wish. Allow the cupcakes to set for an hour before serving.