This cinnamon roll recipe produces perfectly light and fluffy cinnamon rolls every time! So simple to make, this is a family favorite cinnamon roll recipe. Pour the yeast and sugar into your warmed milk. Note, the milk should not be warmed above 100ºF or it will kill the yeast. You can double check the temperature with an instant-read thermometer. Allow the yeast to bubble.
Bake the cinnamon rolls as directed in the recipe and then let them cool completely. Then, wrap them well with plastic wrap followed by foil. To serve, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight. Then, remove both wraps, and reheat in a 300°F oven for about 10 minutes until they are warmed through. Once they are warmed throughout, frost them while still warm and serve.
- 2 and ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package instant yeast
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk or coffee
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, the sugar, salt, and yeast together until evenly dispersed. Set aside. In a small microwavable bowl, heat the water, milk, and butter together in the microwave until the butter is melted.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and turn off after 10 minutes or just before placing rolls in the oven.
- After the dough has rested for 5 minutes, roll it out in a 15×9 inch rectangle. Spread the softened butter on top. Mix together the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle it all over the dough.
- Turn off the oven and place the cinnamon buns in the oven to rise for 20 minutes. Keep the buns in the oven.
- To make the glaze: Mix the powdered sugar, vanilla, and 2 Tablespoons milk together until smooth and lump free. Drizzle over warm rolls.