Yogurt cake is so soft, moist and very flavourful and the best part is it’s so easy to make. The first thing you will do is to preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then you will need an 8 inch that is 20 centimeters springform pan. If you don’t have a springform pan you can just use a regular5 cake pan. Butter or oil then pan then line with a parchment paper. This cake is so easy because you need no mixer, just two bowls, one for the wet and the other for the dry ingredients then you will mix them together.
In a large bowl, you will need all-purpose flour then to that add ground almonds, you can substitute the ground almonds with all-purpose flour. Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt then flavor your cake with lime or lemon zest. Use a wire whisk to whisk everything together. In another large bowl, you will need two large eggs and whisk to break them up then to that add plain full-fat whole yogurt, you can also use flavored yogurt. This will add a little tang to your cake and your cake will be wonderfully moist.
Add in flavorless oil, that can be canola oil, corn, sunflower or vegetable oil. The good part about using oil instead of butter is if you place the cake in the refrigerator the cake will not harden, it will be cold but stin]ll nice and soft. For flavoring add pure vanilla extract then granulated sugar and continue to mix the batter.
Make a well to the center of the dry ing4dients then pour the wet ingredients in and mix it all together. Pour the batter in the pan and then bake between 35 and 40 minutes, the cake will rise and turn beautifully golden brown and a toothpick inserted at the center will come out clean.
Rotate your cake pan front to back around halfway through baking time. Since everyone’s oven is a little different, start checking your cake from the 35th minute or earlier. Let your cake cool for 10 minutes once baled the remove the cake from the pan. You can decorate the cake with powdered sugar then slice and enjoy.
- 1 1/4 cups (165 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (30 grams) ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) kosher salt
- Zest (outer skin) of one lemon (optional)
- 2 large eggs (100 grams out of shell), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120 ml/grams) flavorless oil (safflower, corn, vegetable, or canola)
- 3/4 cup (180 ml/grams) whole milk plain yogurt, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place the oven rack in the center of the oven. Butter, or spray with a non-stick vegetable spray, an 8 inch (20 cm) springform pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir or whisk together the flour, ground almonds, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest.
- In another bowl, stir or whisk together the eggs, oil, yogurt, and vanilla extract. Stir in the sugar.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry flour mixture. Stir until just combined. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. You can serve this cake plain or with a dollop of whipped cream, ice cream, or lightly sweetened yogurt.