Whipping cream pound cake is one of my favorite pound cake recipes, the texture is like pure velvet and the best thing is it’s so easy to make and you do not require any special equipment. Start by adding your softened butter to a large bowl and add in sugar then mix them until all combined and creamy. It’s so easy to cream using a wooden spoon or spatula because the butter is softened and it is easy to blend into the sugar.
You will need lots of eggs in this recipe and for this part, you can switch to a hand mixer, add in eggs one at a time while beating the batter after each addition. Mix it well until its well combined and the eggs are perfectly blended in. Start sifting in your flour in batches while beating it into the batter until it’s well incorporated then you will add in heavy whipped cream, alternating with the remaining batches of flour.
When done, your batter should be light and fluffy then you will add vanilla extract and you need good quality vanilla, some almond extract and a little of lemon extract for that little kick of tang in the cake. Butter and dust your cake tin, you can use a round cake tin, rectangle or a bundt pan, whichever pan you use, the result will be the same.
Pour in the batter into the pan then drop it on the counter about thee times and then place it into a cold oven and turn the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit oven and bake it for an hour and 30 minutes and a toothpick inserted at the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool off before removing it from the pan. Your cake will be very soft and velvety it will be great with a cup of milk. Give a try to this recipe and give us your feedback.
- 3 sticks 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups white sugar
- 6 eggs room temperature
- 3 cups cake flour sifted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- In a large bowl cream the butter with the sugar until well combined (about 5 minutes)
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix completely after each egg.
- Alternate adding the flour and heavy whipping cream, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Stir in the extracts.
- Grease and flour a 9.5 bundt pan, rectangle or round pan.
- Spoon the batter into the pan and jiggly the pan to even out the batter when done.
- Place into a cold oven on the middle rack and turn the oven to 325.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing to finish cooling on a cooling rack.
- Serve and enjoy