This is one of the most amazing chocolate cake that is so moist and so good. Start off by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit then butter your pan and then pour in some all-purpose flour or cocoa powder. Set the pan aside, you want to butter and dust three 9 inch cake pans. To put together the batter, in a large mixing bowl, add 3 cups of flour, 3 cus of sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking soda and salt. Give that a quick whisk to ci]ombine.
For the wet ingredients, pour in eggs, buttermilk, hot water and vegetable oil then mix that all together. You don’t want to over mix the batter, you really just looking to combine teh ingredients and make sure that there is no flour or cocoa powder left on the side. The easiest way to divide the batter among the pans is by using a measuring cup and just scoop it in. Bake the cakes in a 350 degrees oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
Make sure that you move the rack to the centre so that you are baking the cake in the very centre of the oven. This will ensure the evenest baking. Once they are done, remove from the oven and let them cool for about ten minutes. For the frosting, start with cream cheese in a bowl and add softened butter then use a hand mixer to whip that together. Once light and fluffy, add in cocoa powder, the type of cocoa powder that you use in this cake really matters use high-quality cocoa powder.
Mix that together then add in milk, the amount of milk you add really varies. Add 8 cups of powdered sugar one cup at a time and in the end, it should be a smooth frosting. Once the cake is cooled, place the first layer on a plate and spread with the frosting then add the next layer until you are done.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1½ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 1½ cups warm water
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter three 9-inch cake rounds. Dust with flour and tap out the excess. (see cooking lesson below)
- Mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a stand mixer using a low speed until combined.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, warm water, oil, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until smooth. This should take just a couple of minutes.
- Divide batter among the three pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the cake meets the toothpick test (stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean).
- Cool on wire racks for 15 minutes and then turn out the cakes onto the racks and allow to cool completely.
- Frost with your favourite frosting and enjoy.