This stunning layered pound cake has one layer of pound cake, a chocolate layer and then a richer darker chocolate layer and it always bakes up so beautiful, a little different each time. Whisk 3 large eggs in a bowl then add a third of a cup of milk to that and two teaspoons of vanilla extract, whisk that and set it aside. Ina mixer put one cup plus two tablespoons of sugar then add one and three-quarters cup of all-purpose flour then add one and a quarter teaspoon of baking powder, a teaspoon of salt then mix so the dry ingredients are well incorporated. Add your butter cut into cubes then mix until you make sure that the flour is coated in the butter when you add the wet ingredients.
Add about half of it then mix it in until it gets combined then you add the rest and beat until everything is smooth. In a different bowl, put 4 ounces of melted semisweet chocolate and two tablespoons of cocoa powder, this is going to be the darkest chocolate layer that is going to be at the bottom of the cake. Add to that one and a half cup of the beaten batter, what we are doing is diving the cake mixture evenly and its about one and a half cups per layer. Whilst the mixture on the bowl until well combined. Scrap off all the chocolate at the bottom then transfer t to the baking pan and spread it evenly into the pan. For the second layer, one teaspoon of cocoa powder can go directly into that same bowl then add one and a half cups of the batter, stir that together.
This is making lighter chocolate lately that has a very faint chocolate color and distinguishes itself from the bottom layer. Pour this batter over the bottom layer that is in the baking pan and spread evenly. The first layer is the vanilla layer an put the remaining batter on the baking pan and spread it well over the other layers. Place your oven at 325 degrees and you are going to bake this cake until a cake tester inserted in the cake comes out clean that is going to take around an hour and 30 minutes. Once the cake is baled, late is cool for about 15 minutes then cut your cake. This three-layer pound cake is like a sand painting, beautiful with different layers, it’s just gorgeous. So, maybe make two of these and bring them to an office party.!
- 2 sticks plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into pieces, plus more for pan
- 3 large eggs, room temperature, whisked
- 1/3 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, beat together sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt on low speed.
- Continue beating while adding butter until mixture is crumbly. Add half of milk mixture; beat on medium-high until fluffy, 1 minute.
- Add remaining milk mixture and beat until incorporated, about 30 seconds.
- In another large bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons cocoa into chocolate. Stir in 1 1/2 cups batter.
- Spoon into prepared pan, smoothing top with a small offset spatula.
- Whisk remaining 1 tablespoon cocoa into another 1 1/2 cups batter in bowl; spoon over dark-chocolate layer and smooth top. Spoon in remaining batter; smooth top.
- Bake until a tester inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour, 30 minutes.
- Let cool in pan 15 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack and let cool completely, about 2 hours.