This delicious cake is filled with the flavours of golden raisins, orange and lemon zest, and cinnamon, and is then steeped with dark rum and aged for a few days before serving. Soak raisin with rum for one night. The butter in this recipe makes the cake moist, smooth, and creamy. It also works as a binding agent to make the cake hold together after baking. I use 4oz of softened, unsalted butter because you can control the amount of salt to be added to the recipe later.
You’ll need 1/4 teaspoon of salt to improve the flavour of the other ingredients on the raisin butter cake recipe. The saltiness will try to balance the sweetness of the cake. Without it, the cake will come out flat and stale. This butter cake is made distinctive because of raisins. You can use 3.5oz of raisins for this recipe. If you’re feeling fancy, you can soak the raisins in rum and add 2-3 tablespoons of rum to the mixture for that extra flavour.
Wash raisin thoroughly with warm water then let raisin soaked in Rum alcohol for 1.5 hours. Then take the raisin out and drain. Add 1tbps flour, mix well in order to let a thin layer of the flour cover raisin. In the bowl of the mixer, add butter. Set the mixer on medium and beat for one minute or until creamy. Next, add the sugar and beat for three minutes until the mixture turns to ivory colour.
When the mixture becomes light and fluffy, add the eggs one at a time until creamy. Now, turn down the speed to low and add the vanilla extract. Place flour, baking powder and salt in another bowl. Make sure that you sift them first. Mix by a whisk. Now we have the dry mixture. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and beat on a low speed.
Add milk, beat for 30 seconds. Finally, place raisin to the mixture, mix well. Get your loaf pan lined with parchment paper, and pour the batter. Bake for about 55 minutes. When it’s done, cool the cake for about five minutes. Cut, serve, and enjoy.
- Butter – 4oz of softened
- Sugar – 4oz of sugar.
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- All Purpose Flour – 6,5oz of all purpose flour
- Eggs – 2 large eggs
- Milk – 100ml of fresh milk without sugar
- Baking Powder – 1 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Vanilla Extract – 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Raisins – 3.5oz of raisins and 2-3 tablespoons of rum
- Wash raisin thoroughly with warm water then let raisin soaked in Rum alcohol for 1.5 hours.
- Add 1tbps flour, mix well in order to let a thin layer of the flour cover raisin.
- Preheat your oven to 330 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a piece of butter to apply to the loaf pan then sprinkle some plain flour for non-sticking.
- Use a piece of butter to apply to the loaf pan then sprinkle some plain flour for non-sticking
- Add the eggs one at a time until creamy. Now, turn down the speed to low and add the vanilla extract.
- Place flour, baking powder and salt in another bowl. Mix by a whisk.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture <¼ of dry mixture at a time> and beat on a low speed. Then add milk, beat for 30 seconds.
- Place raisin to the mixture, mix well.
- Pour the mixture in your loaf pan, bake for about 55 minutes.
- When it’s done, cool the cake for about five minutes.
- Cut, serve, and enjoy.