The milk slice cake is a sandwich cake made from two layers of chocolate cake with a very delicious cream filling between the slices. That filling is cold but not frozen and has a very unique taste. The main ingredient there is Mascarpone, which is made from heavy cream.
To start with, mix all the ingredients for the cream into a bowl until it gets enough consistency. And then leave it to the refrigerator. Prepare the sponge cake mixture. Mix the eggs and the sugar until foamy. Add the yoghurt and the vegetable oil.
Mix them, too. Add the vanilla, the baking powder, the cocoa powder and the flour and mix them well. Pour the cake mixture onto a baking sheet and spread it out on the paper. Bake the cake into the oven preheated to 180°C for 10 to 15 minutes. In order to avoid the cake rising, you can open the oven cover while baking once or twice.
Then take out the cake from the oven and leave it to cool. After it gets cool enough, flip the cake and peel the cooled cake off the baking paper carefully. Then cut the cake in half. Spread the cream over one of the cake.
Then place the other cake on it. Leave the cake into the refrigerator for 4 or 5 hours. At the end of the time, slice your cake with a knife and serve.
For the cake;
- 3 Eggs
- 125 g Sugar
- 125 ml Milk
- 125 g Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 40 g Cocoa Powder
- 1 small heap Imitation Rum
- 160 ml Heavy Cream
- 3/4 pouch Cream Stabilizer
- 40 g Confectioners Sugar
- 3/4 Tbsp. Vanilla Sugar
- 400 g Mascarpone
- 40 g Honey
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- Mix the eggs with the sugar and milk until very creamy and fluffy.
- Mix the Baking Powder with the Flour and add the Cocoa Powder.
- Use a sieve to add the dry ingredients to the egg mix, then carefully fold them in with a spatula.
- Pour the batter onto a prepared baking sheet or into a cake frame – there must be a silicone or paper baking sheet underneath!
- Bake for about 15 – 20 minutes – on a baking sheet it might take only 12 minutes or less.
- After baking, leave the cake on the baking pan and let cool completely.