This is a really simple, recipe for muffins, full of chcolate flavour and loaded with chunks of chcolate. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit then in a mixing bowl, add half a cup of vegetable oil together with half a cup of milk and one cup of granulated sugar then stir them together until they are well combined. Add two lightly beaten eggs and a teaspoon of vanilla extract and stir them in.
Add a two-third cup of sour cream and mix that in, the sour cream will make these muffins moist. Once those are combined, set aside and prepare the dry ingredients. In a mixing bowl, add two cups of all-purpose flour then add natural cocoa powder and salt and stir them together. Bring the wet ingredients then gently fold the dry into the wet ingredients, take care not to overmix the batter.
Once your batter is mostly combined, add one and a half cups of chcolate chips or chunks of broken chcolate bars. Fold the chocolate in and do not overmix the batter. Grab your muffin tins and fill each liner two thirds to three-quarters of the way full. This recipe makes around 18 muffins so you can bake them on an extra pan of in batches.
Once you have portioned out the batter, top each cups with chocolate chips and bake in a 375 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted at the centre comes out with just a few fudgy crumbs.
- 1/2 cup (120ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) milk
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (150g) sour cream
- 2 cups (240g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups (340g) semisweet chocolate chips divided
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C) and line 18 muffin cups with cupcake liners (or lightly grease and flour).
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, sugar, and milk. Stir in eggs and vanilla until well-combined.
- Gently fold in sour cream until just combined.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold flour mixture gently into the wet mixture, folding until just barely combined. Stir in 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Scoop chocolate muffin batter into prepared muffin tin, filling 2/3-3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle tops of muffins with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake on 375F (190C) for 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre should come out with few slightly fudgy crumbs.