You can easily make this healthier milk slice recipe with these simple instructions and step by step photos at home. And these milk slices so delicious that is perfect any time of the day. Those two thin layers of soft sponge and the fluffy white milk filling were just irresistible.
It was widely believed to be a healthy option as well. The main ingredient of a kinder milk slice is indeed milk, but the second and third ingredients are palm oil and sugar.
- 4 eggs
- 125g(1 cup) caster sugar
- 80g all-purpose flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 60ml sunflower oil
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 200ml heavy cream
- 150g (1/2 cup)sweetened condensed milk
- 1-2tsp vanilla extract
- 6g gelatine(sheets or powdered)
- 4 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 175ºC /345ºF
- Line with parchment paper, place eggs in a large, clean bowl and with your mixer at high speed start to whisk adding sugar gradually.
- Whisk until mixture becomes thick, fluffy, and doubles in volume.
- Reduce the mixer speed to medium and slowly add sunflower oil.Whisk until just combined.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder on top of the egg mixture, a little at a time, and fold it gently using a silicone spatula.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, spread it evenly with an offset spatula and bake at 175ºC /345ºF for 15 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, turn the oven off and remove the pan from the oven. Place the pan in a cool airy space for about 20-25 minutes.
- Once the cake has cooled start to make the filling.
- Soak gelatine sheets in a bowl of cold water for about10 minutes. Make sure all gelatine sheets are submerged in water.
- Place mascarpone cheese and condensed milk in a large bowl and using an electric mixer whisk until smooth. Set aside.
- In another bowl whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Add the cream to cheese mixture and whisk briefly just until they are combined.
- Remove gelatine sheets from the water and gently squeeze out all the excess water.
- Put gelatine into a small saucepan, add 4 tbsp milk and place the saucepan over a low heat. Heat the mixture, stirring until the gelatine is dissolved for about 20-30 seconds. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add gelatine and vanilla extract to the mixture and mix at low speed until well combined.
- Chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.