These chocolate cookies are crunchy on the edges and soft on the inside. Use a room temperature butter in a mixing bowl and we are going to use both regular and brown sugar. Mix both sugars with butter in a bowl then mix until well incorporated. Crack an egg an add vanilla extract, mix until well combined then add flour to the ingredients and combine, Ince the dough has been formed, add chocolate chips and combine. Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the dough and place them on a baking sheet and bake until brown. The trick to making this best chocolate chip cookie recipe gooey is to not over-bake them.
At the end of the baking time, these chocolate chip cookies won’t look done but they are. These chocolate chip cookies will look a little doughy when you remove them from the oven, and that’s good. They will set up as they sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes. For easy cookie making, I recommend forming the dough into balls before freezing. Just place them on a baking sheet, and freeze for a few hours until they are completely frozen.
Transfer the frozen dough balls to a ziplock bag or other airtight container. Once you’re ready to make the cookies, just thaw your desired amount of dough balls in the refrigerator until they have thawed. Then bake.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 150-200 g chocolate
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit or 180 C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugars for a few minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and egg, until nice and smooth.
- Stir in the baking soda and salt.
- Then add the all-purpose flour in batches rather than all at once, just to combine.
- Finally, fold in the chocolate chunks and any other add-in until well-distributed throughout the batter.
- Place 2 tbsp sized mounds of dough onto the prepared sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Sprinkle the tops with a pinch of sea salt before placing the tray in the oven for 9-11 minutes or until the chocolate has melted, the dough is slightly golden brown and less glossy than before.
- Cool for a couple minutes on a wire rack before serving.