Black spotty mushy bananas are perfect for these muffins. If you have forgotten about three or five bananas and then find out later, don’t throw them away, make this. You will need about a half a cup give or take three medium-sized banans should yield you about one cup.
Mash the bananas in a big bowl then add one egg, brown sugar, you can use regular sugar if you want to but brown sugar will give your muffins more flavor and a slight moisture texture. Add milk, melted unsalted butter then start mixing everything. The dry ingredients have all-purpose flour in a bowl with baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon.
Muffins are really great because they bake really quickly, you whisk them together in two bowls and you are done, the batter takes like five minutes to make. You can make banana bread, banana muffins, or banana pancakes with this batter. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients then stir it in then add a cup of chocolate chips and mix them in.
Have your oven preheated tp 350 degrees and then pour the batter into muffin tins about a quarter cup per liner. These muffins are a nice manageable size not too humongous. Bake for about 20 minutes in a 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven and the top should spring back lightly when you touch after baking. Let them cook before eating. Make these today and enjoy it.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 extra ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with baking cups.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together banana, sugar, egg, butter, and milk. Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients then stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly between prepared cups, adding a scant 1/4 cup to each. Bake until tops spring back when lightly touched, about 20 minutes.
- Cool in pans 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.