One Bowl Chocolate Chip Banana Bread only takes a few minutes to prep and is baked in less than an hour. added mini chocolate chips to my banana bread because I love how the little chips seem to cover every inch of the bread once baked. This bread is not overly sweet on its own, so adding the chocolate chips really gives it the perfect balance.
This bread is very easy. No mixer is needed, just a whisk and a spatula. Combine the dry ingredients then whisk together oil, sugar and then eggs. Add the dry ingredients, mashed banana, and chocolate chips. It’s ready to be baked. Keep a close eye at the end of the baking. Test your bread with a toothpick to check for donees.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 4 overripe bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large stand mixer, combine the butter and sugar and whip for 2 minutes until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is evenly combined.
- Add the milk and the bananas and mix for 30 seconds. The batter will look a little curdled, this is normal.
- Add the flour and the baking soda and mix for a few seconds until the flour is evenly combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and give it all a quick stir.
- Spray 2 loaf pans with non-stick spray and evenly divide the batter in the 2 pans.
- Transfer the loaf pans to the oven and bake for 45 minutes until a knife can be inserted in the center of the loaf and it comes out clean.
- Remove the banana bread loaves from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes before removing them from the pans and serving.