The end results of these potato chips will blow your mind. Take the potatoes and slice them really thinly until all potatoes have been well sliced. Sock the sliced potatoes chips in cold water for about two hours. After socking them drain the water then line the potatoes chips on a baking sheet.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, in a baking pan, line the dries potatchipsps then add oil and season with salt, pepper, and vinegar in you like the flavor. Bake for 15 minutes while checking until both ends are well cooked and crispy.
- 2 pounds russet potatoes (about 5 or 6), washed, scrubbed, and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- lite salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Lightly grease 2 baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine, potatoes, olive oil, chili powder, cayenne pepper, ground cumin, cornstarch, salt, and pepper.
- Add lime juice and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Arrange potato slices on prepared baking sheets. You will have to bake in batches.
- Bake for 15 minutes; remove from oven and turn over the potato slices.
- Put back in the oven and continue to bake for 10 minutes, or until potato chips begin to curl up on the sides.
- Remove from oven and let stand 1 minute.
- Transfer chips to a wire rack; let stand 5 minutes.
- If desired, taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.