Generally when you are in the mood to eat some chicken starters what comes into your mind are chicken lollipops. You will start with chicken wings and you are goung to convert it into a lollipop. Take the entire wings along with the winglet which has the shoulder, the wing and the winglet. Check the first joint and discard the winglet the separate the second joint and you will have two parts, the first is the wings which have two bones in it then run a knife between the bones and remove the thinner bine from the chicken meat.
Run a knife around the second bone and push the entire meat down and your lollipop is ready. Collect the ball of meat so it forms a round shape at the end of the bone. For the chicken shoulder, find the single thick bone and run a knife around the bone and separate the meat from the bone just as instructed in the wings then roll it into a ball of meat. For marination, place the chicken into a bowl then add soy sauce, ginger garlic paste, crushed black pepper and salt and give it a good mix and let it rest for 30-45 minutes.
For the batter, in a bowl add cornflour, refined flour, chilli powder, salt, one egg and whisk it properly and add some water to convert it to a thick batter. While the batter is getting ready put the oil to heat. When the lollipop is marinated and ready, the batter is done and the oil is heated now start frying and for this take the lollipop again give it a nice roll making sure the meat is all together then dip the lollipop into the battery drain the excess and drop it into the oil.
Fry the lollipops until they cook well and transfer them to an absorbent paper and drain off all the excess oil now the starter chicken lollipop is ready to be served. To serve to take the aluminium foil and cover the bones with it and garnish with some spring greens. Have some sauce on the side to dip the chicken lollipops and enjoy then warm.
- 6 Chicken wings
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1/2 cup Refined flour
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- Salt as required
- 1 no Whole egg
- Water as required
- Spring greens for garnishing
- Covert the chicken wing into a lollipop by checking the joint and discard the winglet, then separate the joint and now it is divided into two parts.
- The wing has two bones, so run the knife in between the bones and separate the two bones now run a knife around the thinner bone and with firm grip clean the bone properly. Bring the flesh in by pushing it out then follow the same procedure with the thicker bone
- Roll the flesh and convert it into a ball
- Find the single thick bone and run a knife around the bone and separate the meat from the bone and roll it into a ball of meat
- Add the chicken into a bowl then add soy sauce, ginger garlic paste, crushed black pepper and salt and let it rest for 30-45 minutes
- In a bowl add cornflour, refined flour, chilli powder, salt, one egg and whisk it properly and add water to make a thick batter
- Heat the oil and now dip the lollipop into the batter and drop it into the oil
- Fry the lollipops until they cook well and now the starter chicken lollipop is ready to be served.
- Cover the bones with aluminium foil and garnish with some spring greens.