Nudged alongside a warm winter soup, there’s nothing better than a fluffy cheesy garlic roll from the oven. You can serve with your favorite soups such as Curried Butternut Squash and Creamy Broccoli Cheddar. These rolls are super easy to stuff with mozzarella using mozzarella sticks.
Cut each stick in 4 pieces and wrap a piece of dough around each one, sealing them the best you can and placing them seam side down. Once the rolls are stuffed and shaped, they need to raise about 60 to 90 minutes. More mozzarella cheese gets tucked between the rolls and they are baked for 10 minutes.
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (1 1/4-oz.) packet Yeast
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more for topping
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk, very warm
- 4 tbsp. butter, melted, divided
- 1 1/4 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. freshly chopped parsley
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups flour, Fleischmann’s RapidRise yeast, sugar, salt, and garlic powder.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until combined. Add remaining 1 1/2 cups flour and ¾ cup mozzarella and mix until the dough begins to become cohesive.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface and knead, adding more flour if the dough feels sticky, until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a clean bowl and let rest 10 minutes. Grease a 9”-x-13” pan with cooking spray and preheat oven to 375°.
- Divide dough into 15 equal pieces and roll each into a ball, then place in prepared pan. Drape pan with the dish towel and let the dough rise until doubled in size, 1 hour.
- Toward the end of the rise, in a small bowl, stir together remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter, garlic, parsley, and red pepper flakes and season with salt.
- Brush garlic butter onto rolls and sprinkle with Parmesan and remaining ½ cup mozzarella.
- Bake until rolls is puffy and golden, 25 minutes.