This is an easy and comforting recipe. We start with chicken, season them with salt, garlic, paprika, and pepper. Cover the chicken and let it marinate in the fridge, Cut the potatoes into equal pieces, transfer potatoes in a baking pan and drizzle with oil then season with salt and pepper. Toss them then bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
By this time, your chicken is ready, in a pan, add oil then seer the chicken ion medium heat for 3 minutes. Once done, remove the chicken.
Place the chicken on top of the potatoes then add chicken broth and place back in the oven for 40 minutes until well cooked.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) for 15-20 minutes. Lightly oil a rimmed baking sheet/roasting pan or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together chicken thighs, potatoes, garlic powder, and chili powder. Season to taste with salt and pepper and mix well with your hands to help spices penetrate the meat and potatoes.
- Place chicken, potatoes and red onion in a single layer onto the prepared baking pan. Add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Roast in the preheated oven until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165°F (75°C), about 25-30 minutes. Then broil for 2-3 minutes to make it crisp.
- Remove from oven. Cover with foil and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes while the juices settle before serving.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped scallion and drizzled with lemon juice.